The International Institute for Central Asian Studies (IICAS) is pleased to announce that the 10th International Archaeological Field School will be held in Osh, the Republic of Kyrgyzstan from June 26 to July 09, 2023. This will be the 1st stage of the School.
The 2nd stage will be held at the Bolgar State Historical and Architectural Museum-Reserve, Russian Federation (August 14-27, 2022).
The school is organized jointly by the:
- Kazan (Volga) Federal University
- Institute of Archeology named after A. Kh. Khalikov of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan
- Bolgar State Historical and Architectural Museum-Reserve
- International Institute for Central Asian Studies (IICAS)
- Institute of History, Archaeology and Ethnology. B. Djamgerchinov Institute of History, Archaeology and Ethnology of the National Academy of Sciences of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Kyrgyz-Uzbek University
- Suleiman-Too National Historical and Archaeological Museum Complex.
The following sections will be held in the framework of the International Archaeological Field School in Osh:
§ rescue archaeology: contemporary methods of recording archaeological structures and objects
§ the basic principles of experimental-trace analysis of the functions of ancient tools
The end of the practical training will be celebrated by the International Youth Scientific and Practical Conference "Interdisciplinary Research in Archeology: Achievements and Challenges", scheduled for July 08, 2023.
Applications shall be submitted electronically no later than June 01, 2022 at the following link: http://archtat.ru/arheologicheskaya-shkola/zayavka-arheologicheskaya-shkola/
Learn more about the School and the conditions of participation in the attached Information Letter.