The field training for the young specialists from Uzbekistan was organized by IICAS from 1 to 20 November 2019.
The field training for the young specialists from Uzbekistan was organized by IICAS from 1 to 20 November 2019 in the framework of the CAAL project (Central Asian Archaeological Landscapes) and preparation of the Serial Transnational Nomination of the Silk Roads and with the support of the National Commission of the Republic of Uzbekistan for UNESCO. It was dedicated to the learning of the documentation of the historical and cultural heritage sites (architectural and archaeological sites) with the use of the drones (UAV). The training covered all stages of the documentation process: filming and shooting, photogrammetry, final processing in GIS and CAD. Documentation collected during this training includes more than fifty two thousand photos and video materials on the following sites.
1. Bukhara Region:
• Necropolis of Chor Bakr;
• Complex of Bahouddin Naqshband;
• Ancient Settlement of Romitan;
• Ancient Settlement of Varaxsha;
• Minaret of Vobkent;
• Ancient Settlement of Vardonze;
• Ancient Settlement of Poykend;
• Mausoleum of Chashmai Ayyub;
• Mausoleum of Ismoil Somoniy;
2. Navoiy Region:
• Oasis wall of Bukhara (Ajvandi-tepa, section near the cities of Qiziltepa, Deggaron and Shaxri Vairon);
• Mausoleum of Deggaron;
• Complex of Qosim Shayx;
• Mausoleum of Mir Said Baxrom;
• Raboti Malik (caravanserai, Sardoba);
3. Samarqand Region:
• Ancient Settlement of Dabusiya;
• Ancient Settlement of Rabinjon;
• Ancient Settlement of Afrosiyob;
• Ancient Settlement of Kafyrkala;
• Mausoleum of Go‘ri Mir;
• Square of Registan.
The above-mentioned sites are the components of Zeravshan-Karakum Corridor of the Silk Roads and are planned for inclusion to the World Heritage List of UNESCO. In the framework of this project the information is going to be used for the development of the detailed 3D models, digital elevation models (DEM), topography and high-resolution aerial orthophotomosaic of the territories of the sites and surrounding areas.